Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote has hijacked my Samsung TV

Hi all,

It seems that Apple TV remote has hijacked my Samsung TV. It seems like the volume up button has stuck and the remote keeps setting the volume up all the way to max. I can lower the volume with the Samsung controller, but not with Apple TV. It seems that all other than volume down buttons work just okay. It is really annoying; the device is less than a year old and has not been abused.

I tried to find a way to deactivate the volume button from the remote, but did not succeed.

Does anyone have any fix or pointers how to fix this? I found an old report with similar issue, but there was no solution to it.

Apple TV Possibly Hijacking Volume On Sam… - Apple Community

Strangely, the remote was working perfectly just two days ago; it started to misbehave yesterday.

I just turned off my TV with the Apple remote and turned it on with Samsung remote. Now, the Apple remote keeps on shutting down my TV by itself. The only fix to this issue seems to be hiding the remote under a pillow when watching TV.

Very annoying.

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 1:55 PM

I can't explain how your remote went haywire, but such behavior is best remedied by RESETTING your remote and then pairing it to the ATV again. See this Apple Support article published just last month: If your Apple TV remote isn't working.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple TV remote has hijacked my Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.