Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain emails w/ PDF attachments don't go through to recipient. But only some.

Every once in a while, one email with small PDF attachments (not big enough to hit the 20MB limit) will not go through to the recipient. Even if it shows up in my sent mail, the recipient doesn't receive it on their end. Seems to be sporadic. Any one have any ideas? Would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 12:08 PM

That's just normal for e-mail. Keep trying until it goes through. Sometimes I have even put junk files inside a ZIP archive just to make it big enough to trigger Mail Drop. But sometimes even that doesn't work. I get a reply back from the recipient saying they can't get the attachments and the reply includes my quoted messages with the links right there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 12:08 PM in response to MelissaJG1

That's just normal for e-mail. Keep trying until it goes through. Sometimes I have even put junk files inside a ZIP archive just to make it big enough to trigger Mail Drop. But sometimes even that doesn't work. I get a reply back from the recipient saying they can't get the attachments and the reply includes my quoted messages with the links right there.

Certain emails w/ PDF attachments don't go through to recipient. But only some.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.