Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused about "Cloud Status" of the songs in my library

I am still trying to understand the interaction among my personal/iTunes music library, my iTunes Match service, and the Apple Music Synch library. At the moment I subscribe to AppleOne (includes Apple Music) and also to iTunes match (which I might, or might not need - beats me!) I cannot find any explanation of the eight different statuses I see in "Cloud Status" on the Music App on my MacBook Air (Monterey, up-to-date.)

8 Status Options: Apple Music, Duplicate, Error, Ineligible, Matched, Purchased, Removed, Uploaded

This Apple Support page describes some of these status, but not all, and suggests that they are indicated via icons, when in fact they are indicated via a column of text. So is there a complete list available somewhere, or can someone explain this to me? [And tell me whether to keep or dump iTunes Match...]

Many thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 11:44 PM

Hi,

The support doc is out of date for MacOS Monterey. Will be valid for iTunes users.

Icloud download and status columns have changed.

In iCloud download column, A solid download arrow indicates that track has been downloaded and is in your music library on your HD. If blank, the Tracks are in cloud and if you use mouse to hover over blank filed, you will see download arrow.

The 8 option listed by you should show solid download arrow. I don’t believe the other icons are relevant as the solid icon is shown for tracks on your computer. Add “waiting” to your 8 - on your computer but not added to iCloud music library.

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 11:44 PM in response to Eric Ziering

Hi,

The support doc is out of date for MacOS Monterey. Will be valid for iTunes users.

Icloud download and status columns have changed.

In iCloud download column, A solid download arrow indicates that track has been downloaded and is in your music library on your HD. If blank, the Tracks are in cloud and if you use mouse to hover over blank filed, you will see download arrow.

The 8 option listed by you should show solid download arrow. I don’t believe the other icons are relevant as the solid icon is shown for tracks on your computer. Add “waiting” to your 8 - on your computer but not added to iCloud music library.

Jim

Confused about "Cloud Status" of the songs in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.