Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing goals on Apple Watch activity

I looked up how to change the calories goal on you Apple Watch activity tracker, but I tried what it said and swiped down to the bottom and there was no option to change my goals. How do you change them?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:59 PM

With watchOS 6 I had problems too. Here is how to change your move goal:

1. Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Go to your rings, then firmly press the screen.
  3. Then tap "Change Move Goal".
  4. Tap to increase or decrease the number of active calories for your daily Move goal.
  5. When you're done, tap Update.

For some reason (with watchOS 5 and 6), you can change the Move goal, but not your Exercise or Stand goals.  This was changed in WatchOS 7 so that you can now change all the goals. See the "Change your activity goals" section in:

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 5:59 PM in response to adison166

With watchOS 6 I had problems too. Here is how to change your move goal:

1. Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Go to your rings, then firmly press the screen.
  3. Then tap "Change Move Goal".
  4. Tap to increase or decrease the number of active calories for your daily Move goal.
  5. When you're done, tap Update.

For some reason (with watchOS 5 and 6), you can change the Move goal, but not your Exercise or Stand goals.  This was changed in WatchOS 7 so that you can now change all the goals. See the "Change your activity goals" section in:

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Changing goals on Apple Watch activity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.