Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unshare purchasing in my family

I want to have family sharing but i do not want other adults in the family to be able to purchase using my apple purchase

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:19 PM

Follow the instructions in How to share purchases with your family

Turn off purchase sharing

1. View your Purchase Sharing settings in Settings on your iPhone or iPad or in System Preferences on your Mac.
  2. Turn off purchase sharing:
  • On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, tap Stop Purchase Sharing.
  • On your Mac, click Turn Off, then click Stop Purchase Sharing.

Be aware also of Apple's note:

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases will be billed to the family organiser's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organiser can update their payment method or add a new one.

If you're the family organiser and you don't want to share a payment method with your family, turn off purchase sharing. When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions, such as Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, each family member must use their own payment method.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 6:19 PM in response to Btlpig

Follow the instructions in How to share purchases with your family

Turn off purchase sharing

1. View your Purchase Sharing settings in Settings on your iPhone or iPad or in System Preferences on your Mac.
  2. Turn off purchase sharing:
  • On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, tap Stop Purchase Sharing.
  • On your Mac, click Turn Off, then click Stop Purchase Sharing.

Be aware also of Apple's note:

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases will be billed to the family organiser's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organiser can update their payment method or add a new one.

If you're the family organiser and you don't want to share a payment method with your family, turn off purchase sharing. When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions, such as Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, each family member must use their own payment method.

How do I unshare purchasing in my family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.