Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instead of charging, my iPad is losing power

Instead of charging, my iPad is losing power! It has gone from 30% to 24%! HELP!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 6:47 PM

Check that the power outlet has power, that there is no fuzz and no debris lodged in the charging socket (use a toothpick or a plastic barrette or other flexible and non-conductive tool to remove any foreign matter found), and confirm that the charging cable and charger both work; swap for known-working cables and charger, if possible.

Force a restart of the iPad, too.

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Then check with Apple Support. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage to discuss this with Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 6:47 PM in response to Camel1812l

Check that the power outlet has power, that there is no fuzz and no debris lodged in the charging socket (use a toothpick or a plastic barrette or other flexible and non-conductive tool to remove any foreign matter found), and confirm that the charging cable and charger both work; swap for known-working cables and charger, if possible.

Force a restart of the iPad, too.

Force restart iPad - Apple Support

Then check with Apple Support. Use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage to discuss this with Apple.

Instead of charging, my iPad is losing power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.