Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I go on the 99c per monthplan for 50 gb Will I get another 50 gb if I use it all

On the 99cent per month 50gb

plan if I use it up will it renue for another 50gb

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 7:43 PM

3 replies

Mar 19, 2022 3:21 PM in response to Phil0124

Your reply to this @phil0124 answered some of my concerns, and I thank you. I have no immediate worries at the moment, but I have always worried about my 50gb plan.

Will Apple alert me if I get near 50gb? If so, at what percentage will that alert happen? Also, should I go over that 50gb limit without purchasing a larger storage plan, will it be older stored content, or newer stored content that will be lost?

Will Apple hold that excessive content for a specific period of time, so I'm able to purchase more storage, without losing that excessive stored content?

I ask out of curiosity, because the possibility of losing content, has always been a question mark in my head.

Many Thanks for your time, in advance. I see that some of my concerns here are answered in your original reply, please fell free to disregard anything that you feel has already been addressed.

Mar 19, 2022 5:07 PM in response to The Deanster

Hi,

You cannot go over the allotted space. Once you reach the 50GB usage, then nothing else will get stored, or backed up. Backups will no longer be made, and no more data will get stored.

Apple will send notifications when you are near to filling up the 50GB. Nor sure at what point though. Probably when you have few hundred megabytes left or so.

If I go on the 99c per monthplan for 50 gb Will I get another 50 gb if I use it all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.