Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About the storage of my I phone

I want to upgrade my storage for this I have paid 500 but still not upgraded

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 10:50 PM

Lalit4488 Said:

"About the storage of my I phone: I want to upgrade my storage for this I have paid 500 but still not upgraded"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support. So, you'll just have to clear space, and then perform the upgrade.

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 10:50 PM in response to Lalit4488

Lalit4488 Said:

"About the storage of my I phone: I want to upgrade my storage for this I have paid 500 but still not upgraded"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support. So, you'll just have to clear space, and then perform the upgrade.

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad" - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2022 10:50 PM in response to Lalit4488

You cannot increase the physical storage space of your iPhone. Read below:

I would like you to realize and know one important thing and that is that there is NOTHING that you can do to increase the physical storage capacity of your iPhone. Your iPhone's storage capacity will forever remain the same as the day you bought it. 

You can purchase ➔ iCloud Storage from Apple where you create and save your iPhone backups and synch (Not Store) your Messages, Photos, Contacts, Calendars, Notes and Reminders. Note that iCloud Storage is NOT an extension of storage capacity of your iPhone. Just wanted you to know some facts.

Having said that, you can choose to Optimize Storage on your iPhone for all the Photos. What this action will do is store your original quality photos on iCloud and a small size photo on your iPhone. This takes up less space on your iPhone while maintaining the actual size on iCloud. This will free up space on your iPhone while making good use of iCloud. If you would like to try this then open Settings Photos  Optimize iPhone Storage : Ensure that this option is chosen and has a checkmark on it.

Axel F.

About the storage of my I phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.