Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone: how do we send pictures as attachments and not embedded?

What is the rationale for forcing the embedded format on all users?

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 12:26 PM

Thank you for responding but I don’t think you understand the question sir. Please see my response to Philip. I need the photos to be sent as attachments you can drag off the email on outlook, not imbedded in the body of the email.

4 replies

Mar 4, 2022 12:10 PM in response to Vincent1271

It's still an attachment. Unless the recipient mail client supports the embedded option, they will just show up as regular attachments.

It's the new standard user interface guideline. To make adding photos and 1 page PDFs to emails friendlier they are shown as embedded on Apple's default Mail apps.

It really does not affect the way the email is sent or how it seen by the recipient.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.