Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop not working when allowed for contacts

When security settings are configured to allow contacts to send me files my contacts can't see my iphone & I have always switch to allow everyone. What I'm missing?

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 10:44 AM

If that does not work, the only support document I can find from Apple is this one. How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you look at the bottom there are some restrictions when it comes to Contacts Only setting. You have not indicated what version of iPhone or iOS you have, so that may have something to do with it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 10:44 AM in response to Community User

If that does not work, the only support document I can find from Apple is this one. How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you look at the bottom there are some restrictions when it comes to Contacts Only setting. You have not indicated what version of iPhone or iOS you have, so that may have something to do with it.

airdrop not working when allowed for contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.