Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File named RR on desktop after migration

After I migrated my files from my mac air I was left with a file on my desktop which is 6gb and contains folders some of which are empty others that have documents . When I compare to the folders on my new machine the data is there in the folders. Bt there are also about 200 files that are not in folders . I had moved the file to my Google drive a while ago which is not using mirroring. If I try and delete the empty folders I get the message - The operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “Locked” is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again. I have tried each level of a few folders so they re not locked and have full permissions but still cannot delete them . i need to free up the space as 6gb is a lot of wasted space.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 1:11 PM

laudan wrote:

After I migrated my files from my mac air I was left with a file on my desktop which is 6gb and contains folders some of which are empty others that have documents . When I compare to the folders on my new machine the data is there in the folders. Bt there are also about 200 files that are not in folders . I had moved the file to my Google drive a while ago which is not using mirroring. If I try and delete the empty folders I get the message - The operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “Locked” is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again. I have tried each level of a few folders so they re not locked and have full permissions but still cannot delete them . i need to free up the space as 6gb is a lot of wasted space.

Try a safe boot—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

login and try again. reboot as normal and test.

ref

Contact Google Drive support - Computer

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 1:11 PM in response to laudan

laudan wrote:

Try a safe boot—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

login and try again. reboot as normal and test.

ref

Contact Google Drive support - Computer

File named RR on desktop after migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.