You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

m-audio midi keyboard disconnecting

First off - this has never happened to me. Now it is happening and frequently.

I've been using Logic for years and with this keyboard. Hearing I need a powered USB hub maybe, but I've never needed this previously. I like to not have to rely on any power and play outside when I can -- this has become very aggravating, especially with a laptop I paid $3k for just a couple years ago. Tried playing with prefs->control-surfaces also as has been mentioned. Sometimes it stays connected all night. Sometimes it won't connect for more than 10 seconds and have to keep reconnecting it praying it will work itself out.

specifics: M-Audio Keystation 61es, latest OSX/Logic. 2019 top of line the MacBook Pro.

Any help greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 10:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 1:02 PM

There might be a wire or a contact somewhere in the cable that is slightly loose, for example. So it works most of the time, but occasionally it fails to transmit the signal as it should. And that's when you suffer those disconnections. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, though. But it's relatively easy to swap USB cables in order to rule this possibility out.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 9, 2022 1:02 PM in response to mfgage

There might be a wire or a contact somewhere in the cable that is slightly loose, for example. So it works most of the time, but occasionally it fails to transmit the signal as it should. And that's when you suffer those disconnections. I'm not saying that's necessarily the case, though. But it's relatively easy to swap USB cables in order to rule this possibility out.

m-audio midi keyboard disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.