Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro bottom of screen cracked

So I recently bought an MacBook Pro. I’ve only had it for about 3 months. I was recently on it this morning doing my homework for about 2 hours, I took a break closed my laptop and came back to this. I’m so confused on how this could’ve happened? Nothing was between the screen or my keyboard either . Will this cause more damage to my laptop in the future ? Im upset because I’ve spent a lot of money on this thing. pic of my laptop down below)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 12:21 PM

I would suggest taking it in to see an Apple Genius sooner than later. They may cover it via Warranty and or AppleCare, but they also may say it was caused by the user and a piece of grit, dirt, crumb, etc. but the sooner you get it looked at the better.

Here is the support link for Apple

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 12:21 PM in response to jae1999

I would suggest taking it in to see an Apple Genius sooner than later. They may cover it via Warranty and or AppleCare, but they also may say it was caused by the user and a piece of grit, dirt, crumb, etc. but the sooner you get it looked at the better.

Here is the support link for Apple

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Mar 7, 2022 6:10 PM in response to jae1999

If Apple won't cover it under warranty, then you can cut a piece of black electrical tape to put over the broken section to help prevent the break from getting worse. The damage is already done if Apple won't repair it under warranty although if you have AppleCare+ you can get a reduced cost for the repair ($99 US).

Just an FYI, I have replaced just the Bezel before, but it is very tricky to remove without causing more damage to the Display which would then definitely require the whole Display Assembly to be replaced since very delicate & fragile cables are located directly beneath the whole length of the Bezel (it is the orange you see in the picture). Unfortunately this is not something Apple will do nor is it likely any Authorized service provider will do so. It is not something a regular user or even most techs should try because even I will sometimes make a mistake when removing the Bezel and I have lots of practice & experience.

MacBook Pro bottom of screen cracked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.