Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud mailbox has been hijacked what can I do?

My email was hijacked, what can I do? I am not getting any mail in my iCloud address. I changed my password several times, that did not help. Any suggestions?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Good day to you StanPamArt, 

It sounds like you noticed an issue with your Apple ID being compromised. Resetting the password was absolutely the right step. If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

As far as receiving emails to your iCloud email address, let’s work through the article below. To get you started, we’ve copied and pasted the first section of steps. You’ll want to reference the article for the remainder. If iCloud Mail isn't working

Things to check first
1. Check the system status of iCloud Mail - Apple - Support - System Status
2. Check that you turned on iCloud Mail:
• On your Mac, open the Mail app then choose Mail >Preferences. Click Accounts, then select your iCloud account in the sidebar. Under Account Information, make sure that the account is turned on and the status is online. 
• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check that Mail is turned on. 
3. Make sure you that haven't exceeded your iCloud storage limit. If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, learn how to make more space space available in iCloud. Manage your iCloud storage
4. Make sure that you're using the latest version of software on your device. 

Thanks.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 10:44 AM in response to StanPamArt

Good day to you StanPamArt, 

It sounds like you noticed an issue with your Apple ID being compromised. Resetting the password was absolutely the right step. If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

As far as receiving emails to your iCloud email address, let’s work through the article below. To get you started, we’ve copied and pasted the first section of steps. You’ll want to reference the article for the remainder. If iCloud Mail isn't working

Things to check first
1. Check the system status of iCloud Mail - Apple - Support - System Status
2. Check that you turned on iCloud Mail:
• On your Mac, open the Mail app then choose Mail >Preferences. Click Accounts, then select your iCloud account in the sidebar. Under Account Information, make sure that the account is turned on and the status is online. 
• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and check that Mail is turned on. 
3. Make sure you that haven't exceeded your iCloud storage limit. If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, learn how to make more space space available in iCloud. Manage your iCloud storage
4. Make sure that you're using the latest version of software on your device. 

Thanks.

Mar 7, 2022 9:23 AM in response to StanPamArt

StanPamArt,

Can you tell us a bit more about your iCloud Mail? What behavior are you experiencing? Are you able to sign into your iCloud account here and see your mail: iCloud?

It's not possible to determine if the problem would transfer to your new device, however, we'd be happy to help try and resolve the issue.

Are you experiencing this on iPadOS 15.3.1?

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know!

My iCloud mailbox has been hijacked what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.