Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod pros will not stay connected to my phone.

I’ve gone to the Apple store and I’m on my third replaced pair of airpod pros and these new ones also won’t stay connected. I’ve updated, reset, forgot AirPods, reconnected, you name it.. please help fix the problem.

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 8:00 PM

RKernagis Said;

"Airpod pros will not stay connected to my phone.: I’ve gone to the Apple store and I’m on my third replaced pair of airpod pros and these new ones also won’t stay connected. I’ve updated, reset, forgot AirPods, reconnected, you name it.. please help fix the problem."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods:

Seems bluetooth may be the issue here.

I. Troubleshooting iPhone Bluetooth:

Visit these Links:

II. Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax: How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when this was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration. It must be the same iOS version.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 8:00 PM in response to RKernagis

RKernagis Said;

"Airpod pros will not stay connected to my phone.: I’ve gone to the Apple store and I’m on my third replaced pair of airpod pros and these new ones also won’t stay connected. I’ve updated, reset, forgot AirPods, reconnected, you name it.. please help fix the problem."

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods:

Seems bluetooth may be the issue here.

I. Troubleshooting iPhone Bluetooth:

Visit these Links:

II. Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax: How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when this was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration. It must be the same iOS version.

Mar 5, 2022 8:04 PM in response to RKernagis

RKernagis Said;

-------

Reset Both of these to Factory Settings...

A. Your AirPods:

1. Go Here: Unpair, Restart, or Reset your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Return AirPods to factory settings
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

and...

B. Your iPhone:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Create a backup of your iPhone prior to perform this reset, that way you can have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong with the iPhone reset. Then, perform a new sync.

Airpod pros will not stay connected to my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.