Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR (64GB) says storage is full at 50.6 GB, but only has 43GB actually used.

My iPhone XR, the 64GB model, has occasionally been doing thing where it goes black and shows a loading screen. This is always a sign that you're at of storage on iPhones.

I always figured that I was out of storage because I couldn't take any more photos.

Anywho, so I went to Settings>General>iPhone Storage, and it read: 50.6GB of 64GB Used.

I thought this was weird.

I added up all of the app sizes at it came to 35GB, and then included the 8.33GB that is iOS.

That's only about 43GB. Not 50.6, not 64.

Is there any way I can get it back to functioning condition? AKA with the storage actually working right?

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 2:06 PM

Try to free up device storage, see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 2:06 PM in response to Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz2

Try to free up device storage, see this Apple articles below:

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad

Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iPhone XR (64GB) says storage is full at 50.6 GB, but only has 43GB actually used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.