You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Logic Pro apple loops is not working properly.

My Logic Pro loops Keys are faulty and not working properly.

I tried adding apple loops to my project, but discovered the Keys assigned to the apple loops were different/wrong when I tried playing them on a physical Musical Keyboard . The Logic Pro is on my new 2021 MacBook Pro . I have taken my MacBook to my Music Producer friends and we have played over 6-10 Keyboard and guitar loop on Logic Pro and simultaneously play a physical Piano and Keyboard with same result. Apple loops assigned keys differs from actual keys on Musical Keyboard. Is there a setting I have done wrongly somewhere. I am new to Logic Pro (about 4 months). Please assist.

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 1:32 PM

1 reply

Mar 7, 2022 9:00 AM in response to oluwaseyi210

Apple Loops normally play back in song's (project's) key. Apple Loop browser also previews the loops in song's key by default. That's what is most likely happening in your case.

Also, if you, say, added a loop in one key (e.g. C maj) in the beginning, all the loops that you add after that will switch to that key from their default key, because Logic tends to import the basic project settings from the 1st imported loop (i.e. song tempo and the key).

However, it is possible to change project key in the LCD (see screenshot below; just click on the key value and choose a new one):

It is also possible to make Apple Loops browser to preview loops in their original key, instead of the project's key. Press the settings button (indicated by orange arrow on the screenshot below) at the bottom-left corner of loops browser, then tick "Play in Original Key" (red arrow):

Hopefully that clarifies it for you and resolves your issue. And if not, please get back with more info, we'll see what could be done to fix it. Cheers!

My Logic Pro apple loops is not working properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.