Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can a previous owner of a macbook air potentially see what i’m doing ie. steal my assets

i plan to trade on my renewed device . i just worry the old user can possibly steal info or even assets if i were to trade crypto and stocks on here, i have a hardware wallet i’ll be storing my crypto on but i figured this would be safer bet then doing it on my phone or a cheap chrome book pos laptop . anyone’s thoughts and preventative measures i can take? sorry y’all just a worry wart when it comes to these things

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 2:51 PM

As I understand it, you purchased a Mac that was previously used by someone else. Provided the seller (including all previous owners, should that be a factor) complied with all the requirements in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support, they will no longer be able to do anything with it.

If you are planning on trading it in, be sure that you comply with those requirements. Encrypting its startup disk with FileVault ensures its contents will remain inaccessible and useless to anyone else.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2022 2:51 PM in response to beeblu

As I understand it, you purchased a Mac that was previously used by someone else. Provided the seller (including all previous owners, should that be a factor) complied with all the requirements in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support, they will no longer be able to do anything with it.

If you are planning on trading it in, be sure that you comply with those requirements. Encrypting its startup disk with FileVault ensures its contents will remain inaccessible and useless to anyone else.

can a previous owner of a macbook air potentially see what i’m doing ie. steal my assets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.