Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay Issue, 2022 Toyota Tundra, iPhone 13 Pro Max

Always, when connected to carplay whether by USB or wirelessly, my location is incorrect and off by up to a mile. When navigating, this error causes rapid, distracting and incorrect turn by turn instructions.

I understand Apple is aware of this issue and has blamed it on Jeep, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford, etc. However, there seems to be one common denominator: Apple. Apple says it is the vehicle sending an incorrect location to the phone. Meh. Apple should be able to easily validate whether the location reported by the vehicle matches the phone and if not, ask which to use.

Can apple provide a switch that selects whether GPS data is sourced from the vehicle head unit or from the phone's GPS?

I've only had the Tundra for less than a month. Carplay worked normally for 2-3 weeks. The only thing that has changed in that time is 15.3.1 was released/installed.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 5, 2022 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 3:54 AM

I haven’t had the GPS issue but i am having issues with CarPlay working at all. At first it was working fine, then sometimes it wouldn’t connect so I’d turn the truck off and back on and it would. Now though, it won’t connect at all. Period. No matter what. I’ve tried disconnecting it, forgetting devices, resetting the tundra account, etc… still nothing. So frustrating!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 3:54 AM in response to James Zeman

I haven’t had the GPS issue but i am having issues with CarPlay working at all. At first it was working fine, then sometimes it wouldn’t connect so I’d turn the truck off and back on and it would. Now though, it won’t connect at all. Period. No matter what. I’ve tried disconnecting it, forgetting devices, resetting the tundra account, etc… still nothing. So frustrating!

Carplay Issue, 2022 Toyota Tundra, iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.