Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP MId 2012 15" 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1715 )Freeze, Restarts

Hi I've been having issues with my MBP which all seem to be related.

issues are

It will all of a sudden restart.

if I close the lid of the laptop, to put it to sleep, I will hear it restart whilst the lid is closed.

I did a complete clean reinstall of the laptop last night making sure to erase the hard drive before installing.

I finished this at 1am last night and via the apple logo top left, put the laptop to sleep and closed the lid..

This morning waking up, I found the computer to be unresponsive having opened the lid, so pushed the power button and the laptop booted up.

Now having booted up the computer and I look at the console logs and grab any reports that I think may be helpful to my question.

All of a sudden my computer just shuts down again..

I figure this is telling me that there is a hardware issue with my laptop.

If it possible to see from the console logs that I have gathered to see what the problem may be.

Below is a link to the system report.

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/00frDWSik5tNulESl1HudFA_Q#MacBook_Pro

If there is a more specific log to grab, pls let me know.

Thank you

Adrian

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 10:52 AM

If you have any anti-virus, un-installers, cleaners, speeder-uppers, third-party online file sharing or a VPN, you should remove them now until you solve this (and consider NEVER re-installing).

Wandering into system logs without a specific target is the path to madness. Posting system logs in not helpful. Posting kernel panic logs, (files with date and time that start or end with "panic") up to but not beyond the words "binary images" can be very helpful.

Your symptoms are wonky and "all over the map". That can suggest RAM memory problems.

You have the LAST model MacBook Pro with RAM DIMMs in unreliable sockets. That's a blessing AND a curse. Use the blessing to swap the two modules for each other, and see if that changes your symptoms.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 10:52 AM in response to metsomaniac

If you have any anti-virus, un-installers, cleaners, speeder-uppers, third-party online file sharing or a VPN, you should remove them now until you solve this (and consider NEVER re-installing).

Wandering into system logs without a specific target is the path to madness. Posting system logs in not helpful. Posting kernel panic logs, (files with date and time that start or end with "panic") up to but not beyond the words "binary images" can be very helpful.

Your symptoms are wonky and "all over the map". That can suggest RAM memory problems.

You have the LAST model MacBook Pro with RAM DIMMs in unreliable sockets. That's a blessing AND a curse. Use the blessing to swap the two modules for each other, and see if that changes your symptoms.

Mar 9, 2022 4:14 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi Grant Bennet-Alder

I followed your advice and swapped out the ram modules for each other and though I'm hesitant in fear of it starting to randomly crash, I haven't had a crash since... so I think its ok to say you cracked it...

This has been driving me mad for several months as I tried to diagnose what the issue was...

fingers crossed... it doesn't start again... In the mean time... thank you for taking the time to read my post and to respond...

Good karma to you..

thanks

Adrian

Mar 9, 2022 6:54 AM in response to metsomaniac

in some cases, swapping (which includes re-seating) these two DIMMs solves the problem. In others, it just moves it somewhere else, and it may come back again.

If you have a chance, you should try to run the diagnostic. It is on the original 2 of 2 release disc. You MAY be ale to invoke Internet diagnostics, but your machine is in a class where that tends not to launch properly.

MBP MId 2012 15" 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1715 )Freeze, Restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.