Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 Battery Drain at Random

Hi, my iPhone battery randomly starts to drain without explanation depending on how I charge it, but doesn't happen always.

First picture is what happened yesterday after charging it overnight with its lightning cable.

Second picture is today, after having charged it with an Anker wireless charger.

Same apps and widgets and iPhone on my bedside table without barely touching it. This behavior happens sometimes and it's driving me nuts. And yes, I've tried every solution I've found online.

Finally, I don't trust this graph or iPhone's battery percentage anymore, as today I've used my phone for a while, but yesterday it was standing still until mid afternoon. Now it's 2:29 P.M. and I still have 97%. No way.

Cheers.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 2:08 AM in response to Jack-19

Thanks Jack-19. I guess I forgot to mention that I've already read all this articles, this is why I'm posting my question here.

Btw, this is as today, Monday 7th, at 11:07am. Last charge was yesterday at 8:32am. This is the most my battery has lasted, so far.

Same configuration, same apps, same usage. Only thing that differs is how I charge the phone. I'm only concerned about going out on a trip on my motorbike and encountering this situation again. I always carry a powerbank, though, just in case.

Mar 7, 2022 2:31 AM in response to Alancito

Hi Alancito. Sure, my iPhone is 5 months old and its battery status is normal at 100% capacity. This has nothing to do with battery capacity, there's something in iOS & its Smart Charging that fails when connected to a different charger. I always charge my phone overnight on an Anker wireless charger. The problems arise when charging using the lightning cable that came with the phone. Something misbehaves and suddenly the phone discharges by itself. There is no app draining the battery, nothing unusual has happened that day (I mean, I haven't done anything different).

One night I left the phone at 40% and in the morning it was dead, then today it's been 27 hours since I fully charged it and I still have 38% of battery remaining, though tonight I was on Youtube for 1 hour, give or take.

Best regards.

iPhone SE 2020 Battery Drain at Random

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.