Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOs Monterey Software only

Hello I am inquiring about the lastest OS Apple has created I am not a Mac User, but my Laptop is among top 10 video editors I do want a copy of monterey that can do a fresh install on non Mac device my laptop in particular clean install I am planning to add some serious hardware on my Hellios 300 year is 2021 at the end of this year and am curious would an apple technician be willing to put a bootable USB for my laptop if I had at least one apple phone my mom uses Apple I have not used MacOs yet I love the design even over Win 11 pro.

But I want to try your OS if it is good my next laptop could be Apple I see you have gotten really good over the years.

Martin

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:46 AM

Running macOS on non-Apple hardware violates the end user license of macOS. Apple does not sell macOS itself they included it with Apple products. This community is hosted by Apple, I doubt they would be pleased if users were discussing how to install macOS on PC hardware. You'll need to seek assistance elsewhere online.

You stated your PC is in the top 10 for video editing? You may need to re-evaluate that assumption. New benchmarks on macOS Monterey with M1 Max Apple Silicon chips running Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and DiVinci Resolve have shown that Apple either beats the competition hardware or matches it but doing so while on battery where the PC requires AC Power to run that fast. The PC's also kick the fans on full blast and run hot while the Mac barely gets warm. In most benchmarked measures, Apple beats the competition and sometimes by a considerably large margin. It all depends on the specific work you are doing but in many categories, Apple wins. The Apple Silicon SoC processors are even giving Apple's best Intel based systems a run for their money. Beating even a loaded Mac Pro from 2019 in some benchmark measurements while doing it on a much lower powered laptop.

It will be years before the PC industry has a viable ARM chip that can compete with Intel / AMD. Apple is way ahead with a decade plus of experience. Apple designs are not using ARM licensed designs. Apple licensed the ability to create chips that run the ARM64 instruction set. Apple is effectively creating ARM64 clones and then designing everything else themselves. Apple isn't really doing anything super unique in their designs but putting it all pieces and decisions together has resulted in some surprisingly high efficiency and very high performance at the same time. From what senior leaders at Apple have stated in interviews, even they were shocked when the M1 SoC early prototypes outperformed their expectations. It may have been so much a surprise that they altered their plans. Surely the pandemic slowed things down but that M1 design proved to be extremely pliable. Apple no doubt, has designs well into the future in the works.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 7:46 AM in response to Marty1994x1

Running macOS on non-Apple hardware violates the end user license of macOS. Apple does not sell macOS itself they included it with Apple products. This community is hosted by Apple, I doubt they would be pleased if users were discussing how to install macOS on PC hardware. You'll need to seek assistance elsewhere online.

You stated your PC is in the top 10 for video editing? You may need to re-evaluate that assumption. New benchmarks on macOS Monterey with M1 Max Apple Silicon chips running Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and DiVinci Resolve have shown that Apple either beats the competition hardware or matches it but doing so while on battery where the PC requires AC Power to run that fast. The PC's also kick the fans on full blast and run hot while the Mac barely gets warm. In most benchmarked measures, Apple beats the competition and sometimes by a considerably large margin. It all depends on the specific work you are doing but in many categories, Apple wins. The Apple Silicon SoC processors are even giving Apple's best Intel based systems a run for their money. Beating even a loaded Mac Pro from 2019 in some benchmark measurements while doing it on a much lower powered laptop.

It will be years before the PC industry has a viable ARM chip that can compete with Intel / AMD. Apple is way ahead with a decade plus of experience. Apple designs are not using ARM licensed designs. Apple licensed the ability to create chips that run the ARM64 instruction set. Apple is effectively creating ARM64 clones and then designing everything else themselves. Apple isn't really doing anything super unique in their designs but putting it all pieces and decisions together has resulted in some surprisingly high efficiency and very high performance at the same time. From what senior leaders at Apple have stated in interviews, even they were shocked when the M1 SoC early prototypes outperformed their expectations. It may have been so much a surprise that they altered their plans. Surely the pandemic slowed things down but that M1 design proved to be extremely pliable. Apple no doubt, has designs well into the future in the works.

MacOs Monterey Software only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.