Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MB pro 13' has a very greasy keyboard how do I clean it?

I've had a 13' MB pro for about 6 months now, everyday for the past 4 months I would get really mad at the fact that my MB's keyboard is never clean even though I clean it every day, I thoroughly clean it with a microfibre cloth with very little rubbing alcohol, and I also use a cotton swab to clean between the keys which goes well but, the only problem I have is that the keys are very greasy, their colors have changed, and no matter what I do nothing works, I tried what YouTube videos said to do which looked like it worked, I did what my friends do with their MBs, and they all didn't work with my MacBook, is it a problem with MB or is it just a problem everyone has and there is/isn't a solution to it? If there is a solution I would love you guys to share it with me, I really need help.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Eman-Yasin wrote:

I've had a 13' MB pro for about 6 months now, everyday for the past 4 months I would get really mad at the fact that my MB's keyboard is never clean even though I clean it every day, I thoroughly clean it with a microfibre cloth with very little rubbing alcohol, and I also use a cotton swab to clean between the keys which goes well but, the only problem I have is that the keys are very greasy, their colors have changed, and no matter what I do nothing works, I tried what YouTube videos said to do which looked like it worked, I did what my friends do with their MBs, and they all didn't work with my MacBook, is it a problem with MB or is it just a problem everyone has and there is/isn't a solution to it? If there is a solution I would love you guys to share it with me, I really need help.

After the computer boots I use the key combination— Control Command Q to lock the computer

spurious input is not registered until you enter the correct psswd.

How to clean your Apple products

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro

the mac shipped with a tissue thin insert that covered the keyboard, you can always use that before you close the lid if you are at your wits end...

ref:

anything thicker is not recommended: Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac ...

You can you can submit your Apple Feedback direct to Apple —Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 8:20 AM in response to Eman-Yasin

Eman-Yasin wrote:

After the computer boots I use the key combination— Control Command Q to lock the computer

spurious input is not registered until you enter the correct psswd.

How to clean your Apple products

Clean your Mac computer's screen or display - Apple Support

How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro

the mac shipped with a tissue thin insert that covered the keyboard, you can always use that before you close the lid if you are at your wits end...

ref:

anything thicker is not recommended: Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac ...

You can you can submit your Apple Feedback direct to Apple —Product Feedback - Apple

My MB pro 13' has a very greasy keyboard how do I clean it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.