Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 does not recognize Samsung M2885FW scanner (printer works fine)

Hi there. Just installed drivers for Samsung printer M2885FW and everything looks fine. But when I install the official software, EASY DOCUMENT CREATOR, it doesn't recognize the printer. So I'm not able to use the scanner. Printer is working fine.

Drivers are on the official site (V3.92.0020.5 MBSep 16, 2020):

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2885-laser-multifunction-printer-series/16462721/model/16462723

Any advice?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 10:37 AM

Do you see in /Applications/Samsung Scanner? In the DMG download, I see a MAC_ICDM folder with an ICDM.pkg and in that Data directory there is a Samsung Scanner App waiting to be installed.

Looks like it covers the Apple Image Capture App as well as TWAIN support and it installs an App "Samsung Scanner".

Maybe you didn't install the ICDM package?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 10:37 AM in response to charlie_olsen

Do you see in /Applications/Samsung Scanner? In the DMG download, I see a MAC_ICDM folder with an ICDM.pkg and in that Data directory there is a Samsung Scanner App waiting to be installed.

Looks like it covers the Apple Image Capture App as well as TWAIN support and it installs an App "Samsung Scanner".

Maybe you didn't install the ICDM package?

Macbook Air M1 does not recognize Samsung M2885FW scanner (printer works fine)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.