Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert dark mode in iPhone 6

How to put dark mode on iPhone 6

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 1:21 PM

You're able to do this via an accessibility feature to invert colors & switch between light & dark mode performing a triple click of the home key. Go to settings> Accessibility> Accessability shortcut> Classic invert. I set this up on my iPhone 6s Plus many yrs ago because I have old age eyes & the black background is SO much easier on the eyes.

I just got an iphone 13 Pro Max & don't think the dark mode feature is as good as the feature I describe above so I turned off dark mode & set this same accessibility shortcut on my new phone. The triple click to change between light to dark modes is done via a triple click of the on/off button (on right side) since there's no home button on the newer phones.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 1:21 PM in response to Kadoshian

You're able to do this via an accessibility feature to invert colors & switch between light & dark mode performing a triple click of the home key. Go to settings> Accessibility> Accessability shortcut> Classic invert. I set this up on my iPhone 6s Plus many yrs ago because I have old age eyes & the black background is SO much easier on the eyes.

I just got an iphone 13 Pro Max & don't think the dark mode feature is as good as the feature I describe above so I turned off dark mode & set this same accessibility shortcut on my new phone. The triple click to change between light to dark modes is done via a triple click of the on/off button (on right side) since there's no home button on the newer phones.

How to insert dark mode in iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.