Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating iPad Pro 10.5 to iOS 15.3.1

Hello, fellow Apple users...I have an iPad Pro 10.5. I am attempting to update to iOS 15.3.1 and the process has not moved past the "Verifying update" screen.... for at least the past two hours. I easily updated my iPhone 13 and iPhone X, as well as my iPad Pro 12.9. All devices are on the same network, etc. Battery level is good, but I plugged in anyways. This is my third attempt today. I did a hard shutdown (Power button and home button) twice as it was "stuck". The iPad Pro 10.5 is compatible for this update...already did my homework on that.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 3:25 PM

If you are attempting to update this iPad from the iPad itself, what is the current iOS you are on? If it is well before iPadOS 15.3.1, you may need to connect it to a computer to get it done. Otherwise, you can use this support document for troubleshooting. If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support and this one, If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 3:25 PM in response to otforu

If you are attempting to update this iPad from the iPad itself, what is the current iOS you are on? If it is well before iPadOS 15.3.1, you may need to connect it to a computer to get it done. Otherwise, you can use this support document for troubleshooting. If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support and this one, If you can't update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Updating iPad Pro 10.5 to iOS 15.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.