Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

I have an activation lock on an iPhone 7plus. That someone sold me. And I would like to know how to get it off

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 7:17 PM

Correailene18 Said:

"Activation lock: I have an activation lock on an iPhone 7plus. That someone sold me. And I would like to know how to get it off"

-------

Troubleshooting a Purchased, Locked Device:

Getting into This:

You need to have this person disassociate it from their account. So, contact them back, having them disassociate this iPhone from account. This is the site they should have used: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

Reporting this:

If purchased off of a site (i.e. eBay), see if you can contact the site, getting the seller be held accountable, and if you can get your money back.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 6, 2022 7:17 PM in response to Correailene18

Correailene18 Said:

"Activation lock: I have an activation lock on an iPhone 7plus. That someone sold me. And I would like to know how to get it off"

-------

Troubleshooting a Purchased, Locked Device:

Getting into This:

You need to have this person disassociate it from their account. So, contact them back, having them disassociate this iPhone from account. This is the site they should have used: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple SupportThe seller should have known better.

Reporting this:

If purchased off of a site (i.e. eBay), see if you can contact the site, getting the seller be held accountable, and if you can get your money back.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.