Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 6th Generation apps keep freezing, crashing, loading…

Thank you for your consideration concerning this inquiry! For about 2 weeks now I’m having trouble with apps not performing as previously. I’ve done all the normal procedures, to no avail! I have 128mb of memory with tons empty! Please advise… because I’m ready to throw my iPad at a moving car or one of my middle school students…!!! Thank you

Sincerely,

Jacki

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 1:02 AM

Two basic troubleshooting steps to perform:

A "forced" restart of your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 15-30 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 1:02 AM in response to Jackifromocala

Two basic troubleshooting steps to perform:

A "forced" restart of your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top (power) button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 15-30 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear).

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPad 6th Generation apps keep freezing, crashing, loading…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.