Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Crashing immediately on startup

Hello,

I've had logic begin to randomly crash on startup despite it working just a few hours ago when I stepped away for a few hours. When I launch it, it hops a few times then either 1) says logic has crashed, or after a few times, 2) just dies instantly and nothing is output. I've verified that logic is not showing up in activity monitor nor the force quit menu.

Things I've tried:

• temporarily remove the .component files in the Components folder
  • temporarily remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file
  • repair the disk in disk utility
  • launch without rosetta
  • restart system
  • reinstall logic
  • temporarily remove entire Audio folder in library
  • create a new user account and try to launch logic (this worked)
  • verified that my current user is an admin
  • tried launching other project files
  • tried all the startup + key combos (holding down option, ctrl, option+shift, etc.)

Based on the fact that creating a new user account and launching logic worked, I think this could be related to either some logic files that are corrupted (not sure which ones as I believe I've tried deleting all of them), or my user permissions are messed up (?). I'm trying to not have to completely wipe the plugins as I have a many installed and it would be a pain to get everything set up again.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 12:01 AM

Just by my luck, right after posting this I found a solution -- I had to delete both

• com.apple.logic10.plist
  • com.apple.logic.pro.cs

from ~/Library/Preferences.

Similar questions

1 reply

Logic Crashing immediately on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.