Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 display flickering from black to normal

Hi all, my MacBook Pro 2017 has suddenly started flickering from normal to a total black screen. This can happen with a varied frequency. I have run diagnostics and there is no hardware issue flagged. This does not happen when the laptop is run in safe mode. I have done a factory reset and installed OS again. It still keeps happening. Not sure where to go from here. Is this a known issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 3:19 AM

You should get the MacBook Pro diagnosed by visiting an Authorized Apple Service Provider next to your place.

Since starting the Mac in safe mode reduces the graphic mode, there could be problem with your graphic card.

Use the link to find one:

Apple - Find Locations

Or call Apple Support to get it serviced:

Apple Support Phone numbers

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 3:19 AM in response to nitjain

You should get the MacBook Pro diagnosed by visiting an Authorized Apple Service Provider next to your place.

Since starting the Mac in safe mode reduces the graphic mode, there could be problem with your graphic card.

Use the link to find one:

Apple - Find Locations

Or call Apple Support to get it serviced:

Apple Support Phone numbers

MacBook Pro 2017 display flickering from black to normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.