Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot remove/login to icloud on ipad after email address change

We changed the email address of an Apple ID a while ago.

The ipad originally couldn't login anymore, but with login in with the new email address and password (although the old one was displayed) at least booting worked.

Now it still keeps asking for the iCloud password. Here I cannot change the email address.

I created a new Apple ID with the old email address, but I cannot change/remove the icloud with the password I used with that one.

What can I do to fix this?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:24 AM

Hey there,

See>>>What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

If you still need help you have to contact Apple Support

Greetings!

2 replies

Mar 7, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Iafeef

Thank you for your respons. In the end needed to contact support, but they solved it for me.

Solution:

First, my statement was incorrect how I booted the ipad, although it asked for the password of the old email address, I logged in with the new email address and password.

To delete the icloud it was not possible to change the email address, but somehow it accepted the password of the new email address anyway. Doesn't make sense, but it worked.

Cannot remove/login to icloud on ipad after email address change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.