Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone's find my iPhone

I recently had to get my daughter a new iPhone. Previously her phone shared the same apple ID as mine. She hated this since we shared the iCloud also and her pictures and my pictures were both showing up.

So when she got her new phone, i set it up as a new account and created her own apple ID and icloud accounts. Now, when i do find my iPhone, i cant' see her phone. Location services are on. I've tried several things i found on the internet, but so far nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

James

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 3:02 PM

You can set up Family Sharing→What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

2 replies

Mar 7, 2022 2:55 PM in response to jbcalva

jbcalva wrote:

I recently had to get my daughter a new iPhone. Previously her phone shared the same apple ID as mine. She hated this since we shared the iCloud also and her pictures and my pictures were both showing up.

So when she got her new phone, i set it up as a new account and created her own apple ID and icloud accounts. Now, when i do find my iPhone, i cant' see her phone. Location services are on. I've tried several things i found on the internet, but so far nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

James

She would need to share her location with you.

iPhone's find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.