Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign In with Apple

How do you Sign in as Administrator on MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15 Can I update to a newer version my MacBook is late 2013 8gb of ram 512 gb SSD. I’m unable to get certain apps because the version I’m running is not the latest available can I somehow force update.?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 6:46 PM

You should already be administrator. If you are not sure go to system preferences Users & Groups and look. Should be your name or the name you've named your account and under it, it should say admin. I don't know if you can upgrade. Depends on what year MacBook Pro you are running.How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2022 6:46 PM in response to Jekkyll76_

You should already be administrator. If you are not sure go to system preferences Users & Groups and look. Should be your name or the name you've named your account and under it, it should say admin. I don't know if you can upgrade. Depends on what year MacBook Pro you are running.How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Sign In with Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.