Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove the hard drive from a Mac G4

How do I remove the hard drive from my G4 desktop

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 7, 2022 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Mar 8, 2022 9:58 AM in response to PU09-219-849

A big +1 to Jan's request. These are all classed as "G4 desktops" with widely varying drive access techniques:

• PowerMac G4 (mini-towers)
  • PowerMac G4 Cube
  • iMac G4
  • Mac Mini G4
  • eMac

The only Mac desktop that never had a G4 processor is the pro-grade Mac Pro, whose name shows up twice in your post.

The more detailed information you can post here, the better quality answers you will get and in less time. We are your fellow end users and can neither see nor touch your computer, nor read minds. Please help us help you.

Mar 14, 2022 2:09 PM in response to Jan Hedlund

I have 2 Power Mac G4 computers (one is the dual 500 MHz; the other is a dual 1.25 MHz). One is "Quicksilver" (?) and the other is "Mirrored Drive Doors". I guess you'd refer to them as towers. The computers are ancient and I am going to dispose of them. I figured the easiest and fastest way to dispose of the data is to remove and destroy the hard drive. And, yes, we hoard old computers :-) - and the ones we use now date back to 2013 and later, so all data has been transferred to our current machines!!

I've downloaded the Manual link, but haven't read it yet. If I have more questions, I will post them. Thank you for your help!!

How to remove the hard drive from a Mac G4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.