Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone else have issues with the pins in the charging port bending? My son's ipad will not charge anymore due this issue. This is the 2nds one we will have to replace due to this issue

Does anyone else have issues with the pins in the charging port bending? My son's ipad will not charge anymore due this issue. This is the 2nd one we will have to replace due to this issue

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 6:24 AM

To my knowledge, this problem is NOT common, unless the user inserts or pulls out the connector incorrectly.

Never force a connector into a port or apply excessive pressure to a button, because this may cause damage that is not covered under the warranty. If the connector and port don't join with reasonable ease, they probably don't match. Check for obstructions and make sure that the connector matches the port and that you have positioned the connector correctly in relation to the port.

In such a situation, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 6:24 AM in response to Jordan9pokeman

To my knowledge, this problem is NOT common, unless the user inserts or pulls out the connector incorrectly.

Never force a connector into a port or apply excessive pressure to a button, because this may cause damage that is not covered under the warranty. If the connector and port don't join with reasonable ease, they probably don't match. Check for obstructions and make sure that the connector matches the port and that you have positioned the connector correctly in relation to the port.

In such a situation, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Does anyone else have issues with the pins in the charging port bending? My son's ipad will not charge anymore due this issue. This is the 2nds one we will have to replace due to this issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.