Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Turn Off "Check Grammar with Spelling" in iTunes (aka music) and other Annoyances with "Music"

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) running Monterey

3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Music (the app) version 1.2.2.40.

This is pretty annoying. I can right click on any of the many green underlined words in the lyrics I have saved in iTunes (aka music) and uncheck "Check Grammar with Spelling," but it immediately turns itself back on. This fills the lyric field with all kinds of green underlines and besides making it look bad, it is very distracting when I am trying to share the words to a song with someone.

Another annoying thing: when you have a playlist set to view as "songs," if you open it in a separate window, it opens in a default "playlist" view. This leads to lots of extra clicking because dragging and dropping songs from the library into a playlist (for making a cd or something) that is set to "playlist" is a lot more tricky.

Annoying thing 3: in the old iTunes, when you adjusted something, like setting the width of the space dedicated to show playlist titles on the left side of the screen, it stayed that way. In the newer "Music" app, you have to mess with this stuff every time you open the app!

So, in a nut shell, here are problems 1, 2 and 3.

1) Need to be able to turn off "Check Grammar with Spelling" permanently in "Music," the app.

2) Playlists alway revert back to the "playlist" view setting when opened in new widow regardless of what view setting they were already set to.

3) "Music," the app, always readjusts the space I set for playlists of the left side of the screen.

If there can be help with these problems that would be great. I suspect that it would take an "Update" however.

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 10:21 AM

I suggest you make this known to Apple using this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies

Can't Turn Off "Check Grammar with Spelling" in iTunes (aka music) and other Annoyances with "Music"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.