Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

@my.minbox.email shows up in iPhone and iPad notes

email@my.minbox.email shows up in iPhone and iPad notes and email accounts in Red Alerts Emergency in settings. Is this harmful, such as malware? Will it disrupt any function if I delete it?

how did it get there?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 11:03 AM

1 reply

Mar 9, 2022 9:35 AM in response to Pegfrombrowndeer

Hi there Pegfrombrowndeer,

If you don't recognize the email account that's appearing on your iPhone, you can remove it.

1. On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than on your iOS or iPadOS device.
2. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
3. Tap the email account that you want to remove.
4. Tap Delete Account.

You'll find these steps here: If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, this could be a phishing attempt.

"Phishing refers to fraudulent attempts to get personal information from you, usually by email. But scammers use any means they can to trick you into sharing information or giving them money, including: 

• Fraudulent emails and other messages that look like they're from legitimate companies, including Apple
  • Misleading pop-ups and ads that say your device has a security problem 
  • Scam phone calls or voicemails that impersonate Apple Support
  • Fake promotions that offer free products and prizes
  • Unwanted Calendar invitations and subscriptions"

Find more details here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Take care!

@my.minbox.email shows up in iPhone and iPad notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.