Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I get a new iPhone from Apple because my settings are messed up, and I back up iCloud in the new device will the issues or setting back up and cause issues on the new phone?

If Apple has to give me a new iPhone 11 because mine has issues, and I back up the new device with my last cloud back up, will the issues from the broke phone transfer to my new iPhone?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 2:55 PM

5 replies

Mar 9, 2022 8:39 AM in response to JTGammy

JTGammy wrote:

Thank you. Yes working with a tech we did that, and finally after being on trial with Apple’s asking the same question, their conclusion was it’s a default in the phone itself. I asked a rep at Verizon the same question and all they could say was “good question”.
For three (3) months I’ve been dealing with this phone and Tech Support, Almost everyday there’s a new issue happening. PS: Apple’s original “Test” said all is good, it’s a carrier issue, so played the name calling game.

Your reply put me at ease, so think I’ll just set the new phone up manually. UGH! Now off to see if I can print a hard copy of Contacts from ICloud. I previously printed some important pages from Notes.

IF you sync contacts/notes to the cloud, there is no need to print it out. All you would need to do on the new phone is sign into your icloud account and turn on contacts and notes.

See here Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information - Apple Support

Mar 9, 2022 8:24 AM in response to razmee209

Thank you. Yes working with a tech we did that, and finally after being on trial with Apple’s asking the same question, their conclusion was it’s a default in the phone itself. I asked a rep at Verizon the same question and all they could say was “good question”.

For three (3) months I’ve been dealing with this phone and Tech Support, Almost everyday there’s a new issue happening. PS: Apple’s original “Test” said all is good, it’s a carrier issue, so played the name calling game.

Your reply put me at ease, so think I’ll just set the new phone up manually. UGH! Now off to see if I can print a hard copy of Contacts from ICloud. I previously printed some important pages from Notes.

Mar 9, 2022 9:10 AM in response to JTGammy

JTGammy wrote:

Yes, did that after a factory reset. Problems still existed. So afraid if I restore from iCloud on the new phone, it may also download something that’s causing my issues, correct?

Well restoring from your icloud backup and resyncing data are 2 different things.

So are you saying you restored just your contacts and notes and still have the issue?

Or did you do this Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support and still have the issue?

Mar 8, 2022 3:12 PM in response to JTGammy

JTGammy wrote:

If Apple has to give me a new iPhone 11 because mine has issues, and I back up the new device with my last cloud back up, will the issues from the broke phone transfer to my new iPhone?

There is a possibility that it would. But you could've test that out on your iphone 11 by restoring to factory setting and setting it up as new to see if there issue is still there.

If I get a new iPhone from Apple because my settings are messed up, and I back up iCloud in the new device will the issues or setting back up and cause issues on the new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.