Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archived emails

Archived emails. How do I delete them? I have almost 28,000 of them!

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 9:13 AM

I don't know where they are archived or which email app you are using but I think you can do the following. Open the folder where they are archived. Press the Command key and the A key to select all of them. The simply execute the delete command as you would normally do. They should be transferred to the Trash. Then you will need to empty the Trash. This will take some time due to the volume of data being deleted. You should reclaim a fair amount of HD storage by doing this, so it's a good thing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 9:13 AM in response to 1324–

I don't know where they are archived or which email app you are using but I think you can do the following. Open the folder where they are archived. Press the Command key and the A key to select all of them. The simply execute the delete command as you would normally do. They should be transferred to the Trash. Then you will need to empty the Trash. This will take some time due to the volume of data being deleted. You should reclaim a fair amount of HD storage by doing this, so it's a good thing.

Archived emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.