Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP printer getting cartridge error

Sorry but Printers weren't in the topic choice.

I have an iMac Catalina latest OS for it, my printer a HP Officejet Pro 6830 won't print/scan and I keep getting a popup message of " Cartridge Problem, One or more cartridges appear to be missing or damaged."

Q: I have a new black cartridge installed (and have let the color) run out, DO I HAVE TO HAVE full COLOR cartridges for my printer to work?

Thanks.

ps: I very rarely use it, and my idea was to not worry about color and just have black...??? Is that my problem?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 4:11 PM

Yes, that is your problem. The ink cartridges have chips in them that identify themselves to the printer’s firmware. If the wrong cartridge is in the wrong slot the printer knows it and objects. The chips are also there to detect counterfeit third party cartridges.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 4:11 PM in response to Garratt

Yes, that is your problem. The ink cartridges have chips in them that identify themselves to the printer’s firmware. If the wrong cartridge is in the wrong slot the printer knows it and objects. The chips are also there to detect counterfeit third party cartridges.

HP printer getting cartridge error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.