Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my weather widget set for a location other than where I live? I've tried to reset it for my location repeatedly, but it still gives me the weather for elsewhere (where the weather is remarkably different).

How do I make the weather widget show my local weather when it seems insistent on showing the weather in another state?

iPad mini 6 Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:56 AM

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

If My Location has been correctly selected, if you continue to have difficulties, this may be due to having a WiFi Only model of iPad - as these devices have no GPS capabilities.

WiFi Only models rely upon your estimated location being derived from lookup of your IP Address and known location of surrounding WiFi networks. Whilst this technique can be produce relatively accurate location data data in urban conurbations, it can be unreliable in rural are sparsely populated areas.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 6:56 AM in response to skolmsted

Touch-and-hold the Weather Widget - and a menu will appear. Tap the Edit Widget button - and then Location. Either select a city close to you - or choose My Location.

If My Location has been correctly selected, if you continue to have difficulties, this may be due to having a WiFi Only model of iPad - as these devices have no GPS capabilities.

WiFi Only models rely upon your estimated location being derived from lookup of your IP Address and known location of surrounding WiFi networks. Whilst this technique can be produce relatively accurate location data data in urban conurbations, it can be unreliable in rural are sparsely populated areas.

Why is my weather widget set for a location other than where I live? I've tried to reset it for my location repeatedly, but it still gives me the weather for elsewhere (where the weather is remarkably different).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.