Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods flashing amber and not connecting

I bought a replacement airpod because one of mine broke, but it won't connect to my phone. Whenever I put the new one in the case the LED just flashes amber and does not change - no matter how long I press down on the setup button.

I've already tried factory resetting it multiple times and as many troubleshooting tips as I could, but it still does not work. If all else fails I'm going to send it back, but before I do that I'd like to explore as many options as I can. So, any thoughts on what I should do?

I have the 2nd Gen airpods and an iPhone 12 mini that's on the latest iOS update if that helps.

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 7:58 PM

"Airpods flashing amber and not connecting: [...]I have the 2nd Gen airpods and an iPhone 12 mini that's on the latest iOS update if that helps."

-------

Troubleshoot AirPods Pairing:

A. Bluetooth:

Disable Bluetooth on all but one device — the one device you want to synchronize with these with. On an iPhone, if already enabled, the disabled, and then enable Bluetooth. See if it connects.

B. Some Links to Try:

Be certain you read these in full, as it mentioned different models....

C. Troubleshoot the Connection:

Using this via these Apple Support links, troubleshoot this.

D. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

E. Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Use ear tips and a toothpick to remove debris.

F. Perform a Restart:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2022 7:58 PM in response to jesslilly

"Airpods flashing amber and not connecting: [...]I have the 2nd Gen airpods and an iPhone 12 mini that's on the latest iOS update if that helps."

-------

Troubleshoot AirPods Pairing:

A. Bluetooth:

Disable Bluetooth on all but one device — the one device you want to synchronize with these with. On an iPhone, if already enabled, the disabled, and then enable Bluetooth. See if it connects.

B. Some Links to Try:

Be certain you read these in full, as it mentioned different models....

C. Troubleshoot the Connection:

Using this via these Apple Support links, troubleshoot this.

D. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

E. Clear Out Earwax:

How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Use ear tips and a toothpick to remove debris.

F. Perform a Restart:

Airpods flashing amber and not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.