Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show reminders in calendar

when I create a task in the reminders app I like to set dates for the reminders and deadlines. Is there a way to make that reminder display in my calendar so my task will not be forgotten while scheduling?

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 12:01 AM

Reminders app manages the calendar deadlines by its own – they aren't shared with Calendar app.

You can set an alarm directly in Reminders and the app will remind you with a notification at the set date/time.

You can drag a reminder in Calendar, though, duplicating the scheduled item which will be available in both apps. They aren't shared – they are independent events.

The same goes vice versa: you can drag a Calendar event in Reminders. In this case a Calendar icon will show next to the imported event in Reminders app. If you click on it, it'll trigger Calendar app showing the event.

Still, the event isn't exactly shared. If you modify the deadline (say, the time) in Calendar after being imported in Reminders, the relative event in Reminders isn't updated – it keeps the deadline set at the time it was imported.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 12:01 AM in response to NickLanding

Reminders app manages the calendar deadlines by its own – they aren't shared with Calendar app.

You can set an alarm directly in Reminders and the app will remind you with a notification at the set date/time.

You can drag a reminder in Calendar, though, duplicating the scheduled item which will be available in both apps. They aren't shared – they are independent events.

The same goes vice versa: you can drag a Calendar event in Reminders. In this case a Calendar icon will show next to the imported event in Reminders app. If you click on it, it'll trigger Calendar app showing the event.

Still, the event isn't exactly shared. If you modify the deadline (say, the time) in Calendar after being imported in Reminders, the relative event in Reminders isn't updated – it keeps the deadline set at the time it was imported.

Show reminders in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.