Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchanging for the new ipad air

Hello, I just received my ipad air 4th regeneration a week ago A14 chip, and a new ipad air with the exact same price and M1 chip just replaced it today. I was wondering if there is anyway of returning my A14 Chip ipad air and getting the new ipad air with the M1 chip

Posted on Mar 8, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 1:50 AM

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a generous 14-day window within which to unconditionally return your device for exchange or refund. After 14-days, this opportunity is lost.

After release of a replacement model to general sale, your current model iPad may become eligible for Apple’s trade-in programme - but the value that may be offered will be significantly less than you paid for your existing iPad. You are likely to achieve a higher value of you sell privately.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Consider that the latest model model iPad Air offers an incremental update. Unless you are running “benchmark” Apps, or are using the iPad for particularly intensive tasks, in practice you are unlikely to notice a significant difference in system performance.

Chasing the latest and greatest at every product iteration is an expensive pastime. Unless you have pressing need for a more powerful iPad, perhaps enjoy the iPad in which you have already made investment - and in a few years, when the difference is sufficiently obvious, it is then that replacement might be considered.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 1:50 AM in response to jahaziel128

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a generous 14-day window within which to unconditionally return your device for exchange or refund. After 14-days, this opportunity is lost.

After release of a replacement model to general sale, your current model iPad may become eligible for Apple’s trade-in programme - but the value that may be offered will be significantly less than you paid for your existing iPad. You are likely to achieve a higher value of you sell privately.

Apple Trade In - Apple

Consider that the latest model model iPad Air offers an incremental update. Unless you are running “benchmark” Apps, or are using the iPad for particularly intensive tasks, in practice you are unlikely to notice a significant difference in system performance.

Chasing the latest and greatest at every product iteration is an expensive pastime. Unless you have pressing need for a more powerful iPad, perhaps enjoy the iPad in which you have already made investment - and in a few years, when the difference is sufficiently obvious, it is then that replacement might be considered.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful to you.

Mar 8, 2022 8:53 PM in response to jahaziel128

jahaziel128 Said:

"Exchanging for the new ipad air: Hello, I just received my ipad air 4th regeneration a week ago A14 chip, and a new ipad air with the exact same price and M1 chip just replaced it today. I was wondering if there is anyway of returning my A14 Chip ipad air and getting the new ipad air with the M1 chip"

-------

Returning This:

You have 14 days to return this. So, request a return, before it comes to late. Use this Link: Returns & Refunds - Apple Support

Exchanging for the new ipad air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.