Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I back up all the Contacts I have in my iPhone through iTunes? How? Thanks.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 3:35 AM

Are you sure the contacts are on your phone? Most people have them in iCloud or their chosen email account.

If they truly are only "on my phone" then any backup procedure will do

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

This is what you should be doing though

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 3:35 AM in response to anastasiossagris

Are you sure the contacts are on your phone? Most people have them in iCloud or their chosen email account.

If they truly are only "on my phone" then any backup procedure will do

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

This is what you should be doing though

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Mar 31, 2022 1:05 AM in response to scout1a

If you are changing phone network provider you may not need to. iPhone SIMs do not contain contacts.

If you are changing email providers and your contacts are stored in the email account then you you need to back them up

So my question to you is, which account are your contacts stored in, iCloud or an email provider like Yahoo! or Google.

And if the latter, are you changing email provider?

However you should back up your contacts as a matter of course.

Sign into your account where the contacts are stored on a computer in a browser.

Go to contacts

Use whatever method your email provider has to export contacts to a file.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.