Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block access to hot spot setting on Child's iphone

I have searched the forums for ways to block my child from turning on their hotspot on their iPhone SE using the Family Screen Time settings. Forum suggestions has me use "Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions>Cellular Data Changes> Don't Allow"...BUT it is not preventing access on my child's phone. It seems like HotSpot is not specific to Cellular Data Settings....Ideas?

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 6:54 AM

As I understand from you, you want to make your child unable to turn on the personal hotspot on his phone. If that's what you mean, follow these steps⬇️

Go to Settings > cellular > cellular plans > cellular data network > Remove the word in hotspot like you see in this photo ⬇️

if you want to reactivate it Put the word back in place.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 6:54 AM in response to Kelsey944

As I understand from you, you want to make your child unable to turn on the personal hotspot on his phone. If that's what you mean, follow these steps⬇️

Go to Settings > cellular > cellular plans > cellular data network > Remove the word in hotspot like you see in this photo ⬇️

if you want to reactivate it Put the word back in place.

Block access to hot spot setting on Child's iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.