Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement iPad

I live in Alexandria VA. Where can I have the iPad battery replaced?

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 7:35 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2022 9:12 AM in response to jim kale

Taking advantage of Apple's ship-in service will be faster. Apple does not service iPad batteries in-store. They send it to a centralized refurb center. Unless the iPad is factory engraved, they return a fully refurbished iPad of the same model and specs.

If you take it to an Apple Store you lose a day minimum on each end, and may have to make appointments, which are, of late, seldom available "next day" in some busy stores.

My experience: I live 100 miles from the closest Apple Store. My iPad 5's battery failed about a year ago. I used the iPad support site to start the process and selected the "Ship from UPS Store" option. On a Friday I drove the five minutes to the local UPS store and handed them the iPad. They already had paperwork from Apple and they did the packaging and shipping.

By the time I returned home, I had a confirmation from Apple that UPS had received and was shipping the iPad. Another email from Apple showed my old iPad arrived in CA on Monday morning, and later that day I received another saying the replacement iPad had bebn shipped. The replacement arrived at my house midday Wednesday.

Six days was an inpressive turnaround considering two of those days fell on a weekend. The replacement iPad was a different serial number but was the same 128GB version as the old one. It was was cosmetically perfect and, 14 months later, it is still a workhorse. I could not be more satisfied with the entire experience.

Start here: iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Battery replacement iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.