Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging apple 7 watch

Does the Apple 7 Watch come with charging cable and box?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 10:10 AM

6 replies

Mar 17, 2022 12:33 PM in response to Mal-S

Except that the watch uses a different adapter to the iphone 11…

Apple has also changed the adapter and connectors on more than one occasion over time. This suggests that they aren’t looking to reduce waste but rather looking to make newer models incompatible with older tech thereby necessitating an upgrade (ie more sales and more money). This in turn results in more waste not less.

Mar 17, 2022 1:13 PM in response to reinier164

You can thank the EU for all phone makers switching to USB-C as they have mandated the change. USB-A has been around for decades, USB-C is technologically advanced and can deliver fast charging. And they are looking to reduce waste, I have recycled a number of old USB-A cables I have accumulated over the years. You could decide to buy from another manufacturer but they also have stopped including power adapters (and headphones). This also helps 3rd part power adapter companies, I like the Anker Nano USB-C PD 20w power adapters, they come in different colors and are much smaller than the Apple one so it is easy to carry in my pocket. The iPhone 11 comes with a cable that has USB-C just like the newer watches.

Charging apple 7 watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.