Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fidelity investments mobile app on IPad crashes

Fidelity Investments mobile app crashes on an IPad 11” Pro running IPadOs 15.3.1. Fidelity tech support cannot recreate problem and has no history of app crashing. Suggested I contact Apple support to determine apps running in background or virtual apps causing mobile app to crash when loading. Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated. FYI, mobile app running on IPhone loads with no problem.

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 11:54 AM

The latest update to iPadOS 15.4 fixed the problem. Prior to the update “clicking” on the initial login screen caused the app to fail. However, if I “clicked” on one of the bottom menu items (like markets or watchlist) and “then” clicked on the logon button from those screens the app loaded successfully. FWIW

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 11:54 AM in response to shakil2

The latest update to iPadOS 15.4 fixed the problem. Prior to the update “clicking” on the initial login screen caused the app to fail. However, if I “clicked” on one of the bottom menu items (like markets or watchlist) and “then” clicked on the logon button from those screens the app loaded successfully. FWIW

Mar 10, 2022 10:02 AM in response to Ronjohnx11

Hi Ronjohnx11,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with an app crashing on your iPad. The article you reached us from has some great info on addressing this. Were you able to follow those steps including deleting and reinstalling that app?

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Take care.

Mar 11, 2022 6:33 AM in response to Ronjohnx11

Ronjohnx11 wrote:

App still crashes after deleting app, restarting IPad, and reinstalling app multiple times. As the end user I have no way of determining cause. Developer insists Apple has tools to determine cause of app crashing but Apple doesn’t see evidence of app crashing so must wait for new release hoping problem will be resolved.

Nobody here—not other users, not the folks at Apple—have access to the app source code, nor have the ability to add diagnostics into the app, nor the ability to push a specific app update to you for testing.

Here’s an intro for developers for collecting app crash and diagnostics data: Apple Developer Documentation

For this and similar cases, I’d remove any add-on “security” apps, and remove any add-on VPN apps, as some of these will insinuate themselves into network connections, and can potentially perturb secure network communications.

I’d be pondering whether keeping my money with a developer that told me this was wise, too. That famous “South Park” sketch “and it’s gone…” comes to mind.

fidelity investments mobile app on IPad crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.