Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete ALL photos from my iPad and sync the photos from my iMac?

How can I delete ALL photos from my iPad Pro and then sync photos from my iMac?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2022 4:48 PM

If all of the photos on your iPad were synced from your Mac, syncing again will overwrite the photo library on your iPad which would eliminate the photos on the device and replace them with the photos that you are selecting to sync.

If the photos are saved from websites, emails and/or were taken with the iPad, those photos must be deleted via the trash can. It may seem tedious but if your use the select and swipe up tip in the Apple support article, it will go much faster.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2022 4:48 PM in response to aspirant1

If all of the photos on your iPad were synced from your Mac, syncing again will overwrite the photo library on your iPad which would eliminate the photos on the device and replace them with the photos that you are selecting to sync.

If the photos are saved from websites, emails and/or were taken with the iPad, those photos must be deleted via the trash can. It may seem tedious but if your use the select and swipe up tip in the Apple support article, it will go much faster.

Mar 9, 2022 12:22 PM in response to aspirant1

This explains how you can delete the photos from your iPad.

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are running Catalina or newer, you sync photos using the Finder.

Sync your photos manually using the Finder - Apple Support

If you are running older versions of MacOS, you sync photos using iTunes.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Mar 9, 2022 2:03 PM in response to Demo

Thank you for your reply, but I’m trying to delete over 6,000 photos on the iPad Pro, running IOS 15.3.1 If I’m able to do that I can sync the iPad with my iMac OS 12.2.1 photo library [which has all my photos without duplicates] - over 2,500 fewer images without the duplicates that are currently on the iPad. Manually selecting the dup’s on iPad to delete would be quite arduous. I was hoping for some way to delete all photos from iPad and re-synch with photos on iMac.

How can I delete ALL photos from my iPad and sync the photos from my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.